Thursday, March 4, 2010

Half Way There

BATHOS

It has been 20 days since our church started 40 days of prayer and devotions and it's been great to see how God has been working.

First our last three prayer meetings I have seen about double the amount of people at church, although this past week it was a bit less. The key is not simply that people are showing up but how incredible and powerful to see God's people truly seeking the Lord in prayer as we have been spending 20-30 minutes simply lifting our voices to the God who is able to do the impossible.

Secondly as part of the 40 days we were committed to pray for at least five specific people/families every day. My prayer partner told me this week that one person on his list has already begun to speak to him about spiritual matters something he wasn't doing before.

Lastly having a prayer partner has been to say the least powerful. In my years of ministry and even as a Christian I have never had someone that I have prayed with every day for 20 days straight let alone 40 days. Having a prayer partner has thus far been one of the greatest blessing to me.

A few things before I finish, as I noted at the onset of this journey I have experienced the enemy attacking in different ways and obviously this was and is to be expected.  I find comfort in the words of David, "The Lord is my light and my salvation of whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life of whom shall I be afraid? (Psalm 27:1 NIV) Also I will just simply say for now that although I recommended the 40 days of prayer and devotion book by Dennis Smith I have found so far one major point of disagreement that I will write about soon. Even so the underlying intent of the book, to truly seek the outpouring of the Holy Spirit is something we can definitely agree on!

20 more days to go...

Javi

image by[DJLein]



No comments:

Post a Comment

Intense Debate Comments - Last 5