Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Who do you reflect?

I hope that all of you had a great Christmas with your family and friends last week and enjoyed a great weekend! To some extent it's hard to believe that we have made it to the last week of the year, nearly ready to bring in not just a new year but the start of a new decade.

So much has happened to me over the last year and for that matter over the last decade! Things have also changed so much in these ten years in the world. Just think ten years ago there was no YouTube, Facebook, 911 had not happened, along those lines most people alive had not seen or heard of a Tsunami killing over 200,000 people in a few hours! itunes nor the iphone had yet to make headlines. High speed DSL was yet to dominate and now if you still have dial up well...

I truly like to take this time of year not simply to make new years resolutions that most likely will fade by the end of January (if not sooner) but to reflect on my life. Especially I ask how is my relationship with Jesus different than it was a year ago. Have I truly sought Him with all my mind, heart, and soul?

Along the lines of my relationship with Jesus, I also ask Jesus through His Spirit to reveal areas in my life that I need to improve (not that I don't do this through out the year). If we truly allow Him to do this, honestly it could be painful, but the end result will be Jesus being glorified. Hey Proverbs 27:19 says, "As water reflects a face, so a man's heart reflects the man" (NIV) I want to have the heart of Jesus.

So what about you in the midst of the year coming to an end do you spend time reflecting? Do you sense that your relationship with Jesus is stronger than it was a year ago? If not well it's time to go deeper (bathos) with Jesus! It's time that our hearts reflect the heart of Jesus! Blessings to all and Happy New Year!

Javi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Intense Debate Comments - Last 5