Thursday, February 11, 2010

Why I Twitter

BATHOS

Ok so I know what your saying "Twitter?" I'm on facebook! Facebook is without a doubt impressive with its 400 million active users and counting. Interestingly enough I'm not one of them.

Now let me be clear I'm fully aware of Facebook and how it works and what one could do with it and even the security issues it recently had aaaannnnd how Facebook is soon to name its own president of it's 400 million active user country...ok maybe not that last one, but you get the point.

With that said though I do tweet and I'm slowly getting into 'buzzing' (still feels weird to say that) which is googles new social media venture. If some of you are still on myspace...why?

But before I tell you why I twitter if you have time check out The Beginner's Guide to Twitter and 12 reason's Thomas Nelson's CEO Michael Hyatt twitters. By the way Thomas Nelson is the largest Christian publishing company in the world. Also please check out my friends blog Rodlie he had a good post on 'The Value of Twitter VS Facebook.

Twitter has about 75 million people open an account, but the amount of people that actively use it is much lower. Simply stated I have found twitter useful for the following reasons:


  • I learn of any national news immediately (even before I hear it on t.v)
  • I receive my local news immediately (even before I hear it on t.v.)
  • I keep up with the latest technology immediately
  • I keep up with a lot of what's happening in the evangelical world (conferences, sermons, trends, etc)
  • I keep up with what's happening in the Adventist world (the church I serve)
  • I obviously follow what some friends are doing
Now perhaps you are saying I can do all this with Facebook, but there is something with Twitter because since you can only type 140 characters you don't spend a lot of time on it (sometimes) so I can quickly browse through my tweets and spend more time on the ones that get my attention.

One important thing though it's important who you follow in order for twitter to really be useful at least how I like to use it. I have received 'tweets' (some with links to a Christian blog for example) that have made me wonder and ponder and made me go deeper with Jesus.

So what are you waiting for get own www.twitter.com open an account if you haven't and follow me @javid21

Javi

image by [mfilej]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Intense Debate Comments - Last 5