Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Rob Bell: Heaven, Hell and Salvation Pt.1

Over the weekend or there about a stir began through social media regarding Rob Bell's upcoming book called: Love Wins: A book about Heaven, Hell, and the Fate of Every Person Who Ever Lived.


Rob Bell is the teaching pastor at Mars Hill church in Grandville, MI. If you were to 'google' his name, you would get more information about him than you'd probably want. With that said, Pastor Bell is known in the evangelical world as being very progressive in his theology to say the least. His new book, though it doesn't come out until March 29th has further given the impression that Bell has now really gone to far by teaching 'universalism' which in short means that at the end everyone will be saved.

A plethora of blogs, comments through twitter, and facebook have abounded since the weekend in regards to Bell and the comments made about Bell and his book that hasn't even come out. You can be up to most of what's been said by reading Christianity Today's post HERE.

In reading many of the blogs and tweets regarding the issue it's really incredible once again to see how social media has changed our world. Honestly it seems that people are quick to speak and slow to listen. A truth I'm sure I've been guilty of and through God's grace I'm trying to make sure it doesn't happen.

To some extent much of the comments first began by seeing the video marketing the book issued by HarperOne. You can see the video by clicking HERE.

I will say this I've been to Rob Bell's church (he was not there when I visited), seen most of his NOOMA videos and skimmed through some of his books. I can easily say that I don't agree with everything Bell believes and teaches. Though as mentioned in many of the comments he is a very good communicator as he is able to embed theological teachings into practical story telling and real life situations.

I won't say anything else about Bell's book here at Bathos until his book comes out and IF I decide to read it. Yet what I do want to do is begin a series of post's on the topics that Bell seems to have written a book about. Heaven, hell, and the fate of every person.

Essentially I'm going to tell what I as a Seventh-day Adventist Christian believe about the mentioned themes. It seems to be a hot topic these days thanks to Bell and well...social media pundits:)

Stay tuned, because at the end Love does win...

Javi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Intense Debate Comments - Last 5