Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Want to help MS tornado victims?


By now most if not all have heard of the tornado that struck Mississippi. The counties of Yazoo, Warren, Attala, Holmes, and Choctaw were hit this past Saturday. Pastor Jones and myself were up in Yazoo, MS on Tuesday (it's only about an hour from where I live) delivering diapers, wipes, tarps, and other necessities.

Then I returned later in the day with one of my church elders to bring more of the same. This community along with the others mentioned above are just starting to recover from this terrible tragedy in which ten people died and many homes and businesses were either destroyed or severely damaged.

If by chance you haven't heard of this (maybe you were on vacation in Siberia :-) simply google 'Yazoo, MS tornado' and you can read all the details of what happened and is still going on in the recovery process.

First and foremost please keep these folks in your prayers, but along with prayer if you are able and willing you can help those who have had their lives affected by this disaster by going clicking here.

The link will take you to our church website where you can give online. Create an id and password and follow the instructions. This site is secure and safe and you can be assured the money will go to help the victims of the tornado. If you do give please let me know by leaving a comment on my blog or sending me an email.

Javi

image was taken by me and is of a house in Yazoo, MS! One of the many destroyed...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Intense Debate Comments - Last 5