Thursday, August 26, 2010

My time with God

A few weeks ago there was an article in the Huffington post about the reasons pastors are burning out. Essentially the reason that was given is because they are not spending time with God. The article states:

Daily time and space for this inner work are essential for the health of clergy and congregations.
This 'inner work' of spending time in prayer, God's word, and meditating upon the greatness of God is something that is not optional for any pastor or  Christian for that matter. This past week I was able to do that in a special way as I went away for three days for the sole purpose of engaging on this 'inner work.'

My time with God was truly a blessing and because it was personal I'm not going to really blog about everything I experienced, at least not at this time. Yet I do want to share four points that I felt God reiterated in my life as I was reading Isaiah 40-41.

1. God is all powerful: Isaiah 40:13- "Who has understood the mind of the Lord, or instructed Him as a counselor?" Don't ever forget that no matter what may be going on in your life we believe in an all powerful God that is in control of all things even when things seem out of control.

2. God has called you: Isaiah 41:8-"But you, O Israel, my servant, Jacob whom I have chosen..." Never forget that God has called you to be part of His kingdom, and God has called you to do a special work for Him.

3. God will protect you: Isaiah 41:10-"So do not fear, for I am with you..." We serve a God that promises to be with us and protect us. Claim this promise as you move forward in faith to what God has called you to do.

4. God loves you: Isaiah 40:29-"He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak." In reading these two chapters and going a little deeper I can't but help see that everything God is doing He's doing because He loves His people and will do what ever it takes to save them. God loves you more than what you understand and He has done, is doing, and will do everything possible to save you!

Maybe it's time you stop everything and just spend time with the all powerful, calling, protecting, loving God. What are you waiting for? Burnout?

Javi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Intense Debate Comments - Last 5