Thursday, September 2, 2010

Book Review: Linchpin-Are You Indispensable?

Seth Godin is perhaps one of the most unique people I've never met. He's a creative thinker that has written a dozen books, his latest being Linchpin. The book came out January of this year and several months ago,  for some reason, something lead me to buy the book. I wasn't disappointed!

Linchpin will make you mad, excited, and it will challenge you to go beyond your 'cog' ways. So what is a Linchpin? A 'cog'? "A Linchpin is an individual who can walk into chaos and create order, someone who can invent, connect, create, and make things happen." (p.8) A cog is someone who is controlled by their fears, who has to be told what to do, and listens to the resistance.

What to understand a bit more what Linchpin is about and become Indispensable? The people at Catalyst (an organization geared to help and empower Christian leaders) interviewed Seth about the book. Listen carefully to the videos below and then I highly recommend that you read Linchpin.

I believe that the principles in this book for the most part can lead you to do incredible things for Jesus!





Gotta love that huge tea cup!:-)


Let me know what you think about Seth Godin and his book?

Lastly don't forget their is still 37 days left in my Charity: Water campaign! I ask that you prayerfully consider giving to this incredible cause. Click HERE  to donate and share with all your friends on Facebook or Twitter!

Javi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Intense Debate Comments - Last 5