Sunday, February 6, 2011

Superbowl Sunday: Passion

Well it's superbowl Sunday. The day in which some 100 million plus people will sit in front of  their LCD, LED screens, or well, perhaps just an old tube t.v.! Many won't even be fans of either team playing in the Superbowl but are football fans, sports fans. Some of course will simply watch for the commercials, and there are even those who could care less about football but always love a good reason to get together with family and friends.
SUPERBOWL XLV TROPHYphoto © 2004 Bo Riser | more info (via: Wylio)



The superbowl an American tradition we love.

Yet I have to say I would love to see that same passion and enthusiasm that is given to one game that last a few hours, be shown for the things of God, be shown for His church. Now don't get me wrong there are those who do have it and show it, yet shouldn't we have more?

The American church in general is struggling, sure there are some good things happening and those shouldn't be set aside. Generally speaking though, again, there are some major issues.

I don't believe there's anything wrong per se in watching the game with family and friends and having a good, clean, fun time. I'll be watching.

Yet I pray, at least for myself, can't really speak for anyone else. That my passion, enthusiasm and desire will always be higher for Jesus than any game no matter what sport/event.

MY PRAYER:

Jesus thank you for the fun moments in this life. Lord I pray that Your passion will always be my passion. God help me...

Are you honestly passionate for the message and mission of Jesus Christ for a dying world more than anything else?

Javi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Intense Debate Comments - Last 5